This Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) sets out the basis which Singapore Technologies Engineering Ltd. and its subsidiaries (collectively, “ST Engineering”) may collect, use, disclose or otherwise process personal data of our customers in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act (“PDPA”).
1. As used in this Notice:
“customer” means an individual who (a) has contacted ST Engineering through any means to find out more about the services ST Engineering provides, or (b) may, or has, entered into a contract with ST Engineering for the supply of any services by ST Engineering; and
“personal data” means data, whether true or not, about a customer who can be identified: (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which ST Engineering has or are likely to have access. Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, some examples of personal data which we may collect from you include your name and identification information such as your NRIC number, contact information such as your address, email address or telephone number.
2. Other terms used in this Notice shall have the meanings given to them in the PDPA (where the context so permits).
3. ST Engineering generally does not collect your personal data unless (a) it is provided to ST Engineering voluntarily by you directly or via a third party who has been duly authorised by you to disclose your personal data to ST Engineering (your “authorised representative”) after (i) you (or your authorised representative) have been notified of the purposes for which the data is collected, and (ii) you (or your authorised representative) have provided written consent to the collection and usage of your personal data for those purposes, or (b) collection and use of personal data without consent is permitted or required by the PDPA or other laws. ST Engineering shall seek your consent before collecting any additional personal data and before using your personal data for a purpose which has not been notified to you (except where permitted or authorised by law).
4. ST Engineering may collect and use your personal data for any or all of the following purposes:
(a) performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of course/exam registration requested by you;
(b) verifying your identity;
(c) responding to, handling, and processing queries, requests, applications, complaints, and feedback from you;
(d) managing your relationship with us;
(e) processing payment or credit transactions;
(f) complying with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority;
(g) any other purposes for which you have provided the information;
(h) transmitting to any unaffiliated third parties including our third party service providers and agents, funding agencies, certification/testing bodies, and relevant governmental and/or regulatory authorities, in Singapore, for the aforementioned purposes.
(i) any other incidental business purposes related to or in connection with the above.
5. ST Engineering may disclose your personal data:
(a) where such disclosure is required for performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods or services requested by you; or
to third party service providers, agents and other organisations ST Engineering has engaged to perform any of the functions listed in clause 4 above for ST Engineering.
6. The purposes listed in the above clauses may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with ST Engineering (for example, pursuant to a contract) has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter (including, where applicable, a period to enable ST Engineering to enforce our rights under any contract with you).
7. The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. ST Engineering shall use its reasonable endeavours to process your request within fourteen (14) business days of receiving it.
9. ST Engineering may not be in a position to continue providing our services to you and we shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request. Should you decide to cancel your withdrawal of consent, please inform ST Engineering in writing in the manner described in clause 7 above.
10. Please note that withdrawing your consent does not affect ST Engineering’s right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data where such collection, use and disclose without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
12. If you wish to make (a) an access request for access to a copy of the personal data which ST Engineering holds about you or information about the ways in which ST Engineering uses or discloses your personal data, or (b) a correction request to correct or update any of your personal data which ST Engineering holds about you, you may submit your request in writing via email to email@example.com
13. Please note that a reasonable fee may be charged for an access request and ST Engineering will inform you of the fee before processing your request.
14. ST Engineering will use our best endeavours to respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible. If ST Engineering is unable to provide you with any personal data or to make a correction requested by you, ST Engineering will use reasonable endeavours to inform you of the reasons why ST Engineering are unable to do so (except where ST Engineering is not required to do so under the PDPA).
15. To safeguard your personal data from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks, ST Engineering has introduced appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures such as up-to-date antivirus protection, encryption and the use of privacy filters to secure all storage and transmission of personal data by ST Engineering, and disclosing personal data both internally and to our authorised third party service providers and agents only on a need-to-know basis.
16. You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, ST Engineering will strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures
17. We generally rely on personal data provided by you (or your authorised representative). In order to ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please update ST Engineering if there are changes to your personal data by informing our Data Protection Officer in writing or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
18. ST Engineering may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
19. ST Engineering will cease to retain your personal data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serve the purpose for which the personal data was collected, and is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
20. We generally do not transfer your personal data to countries outside of Singapore. However, if we do so, ST Engineering will obtain your consent for the transfer to be made and we will take steps to ensure that your personal data continues to receive a standard of protection that is at least comparable to that provided under the PDPA.
You may contact our Data Protection Officer if you have any enquiries or feedback on our personal data protection policies and procedures, or if you wish to make any request, in the following manner:
Email Address: email@example.com
Mailing address: Data Protection Officer, ST Engineering Hub, 1 Ang Mo Kio Electronics Park Road #07-01, Singapore 567710
21. This Notice applies in conjunction with any other notices, contractual clauses and consent clauses that apply in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by ST Engineering.
22. ST Engineering may revise this Notice from time to time without any prior notice. You may determine if any such revision has taken place by referring to the date on which this Notice was last updated. Your continued use of ST Engineering services constitutes your acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes.
Effective date: 4th June 2019
Last updated: 4th June 2019
By clicking on the “I Accept” button beside, you acknowledge that you have read and understood the Personal Data Policy, and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by ST Engineering. I Accept